Pages

Saturday, May 10, 2014

Prompt 8: A Song to Match My Mood

Well, for better or worse, at this specific moment I am not aware of any particular mood.  On the one hand, as it is 11:30, this is good because typically at this hour if I have a mood it is more or less depressed.  On the other hand, it is difficult to pick a song to match a mood you don't have.  So here is my strategy.  I shall pull up iTunes, put my entire library on shuffle, and then keep skipping till I find something that feels right.

Apparently iTunes was really dedicated to the idea of me listening to New Model Army.  Matt, you should appreciate that Desdemona is clearly on your side about that band.

Two hits on Garth Nix's Keys to the Kingdom audiobooks, and, in all honesty, those felt like just exactly what I wanted to listen to.  However, the prompt very specifically states a song, so I pressed onward till I found the song where I wanted to stop and listen.  Here you go:

Just to see what happens, I shall try this again and see if the next song I stop on is of a similar mood.  Fair notice, though.  I am a blues dancer and DJ, so there's a very good chance whatever I settle on will be blues-y

Nope.
This song won through pure nostalgic value.  Don Williams = my dad.  My mom and dad would sing all these great old Don Williams songs like "Lay Down Beside Me" and "Amanda" and "I Believe In You".  One day I ran across a "Best Of" album on iTunes and had to buy it.  We'll try one more time and see where I land...

This came up almost right away.  I think that taking all three of these into account that would put me in just a solid chill mood.  Bonus points go to songs I can sing along with.

And there you have it

Click on through to read the actual prompt for today, a photo of the item I last purchased (so exciting!)

No comments:

Post a Comment