Pages

Monday, May 5, 2014

Prompt 4: A Favorite Photograph of Your Best Friend[s]

The most challenging element of this post is determining who is my best friend.  Answer: I don't really know.  But I think the two top contenders at this point in my life are Kara Baxter and Matt McDonald.

First, Kara.  Kara is definitely my oldest friend, and by oldest I mean in terms of the age of our friendship.  I'm actually friends with people much older than her.  I think my favorite thing about our friendship is the amount of crap it has been through.  But despite those rough parts we remain friends, and are, in fact, better friends now than we've ever been.  Besides my brother, the only person here in Provo who has any idea of my history and development as a human is her.  Unfortunately, we neither of us have a favorite photo of her, so instead you're going to get a small sampling carefully collected from facebook.  Do enjoy:
because this was high school

because this was the trip where we became adult friends

because running is part of who she is

because she is beautiful and has a very unique style

because obviously

because that expression is my favorite expression.  
And then Matt.  Technically Matt and I go way back to my days in Russian class.  However, since we literally never interacted there, that hardly counts.  Then for a time our relationship consisted of him running in to me when I was at dance things like booth or the Malt Shoppe where I, this random girl he barely knew, would try to coerce him into dancing with me.  This was a frightening time for him.  Then at last he moved into my ward in Campus Plaza and we became real friends.  Then, after he moved out of Campus Plaza, and then back in, he became my best friend.  I love Matt because he listens to me and because he trusts me.  Aside from those few months in Campus Plaza, the bulk of our friendship has existed online.  We talk about whatever we want or need to talk about.  We watch movies together via netflix and chat.  We share whatever we're interested in or working on with each other.  Matt tries to help me be healthier and I try to help him be more confident.  This is a picture I took of Matt during one of our many summer evenings in Campus Plaza.  He's wearing the tie I gave him and being happy and annoyed with me for insisting on taking his picture.
I miss this human
Coming up next we have prompt #5: A Photo of Myself 2 Years Ago.....(*dun dun dunnnnnn*)

1 comment:

  1. I'm honored. :) The relationship is mutual, of course.

    ReplyDelete