Pages

Friday, May 2, 2014

A Brief Thought About Presents

So I decided that, as I am newly graduated and free to bestow my time however I wish, I wanted to try a blog challenge where I post every day for a month.  I then promptly forgot to post anything yesterday, aka the first day of the month, simply, I presume, to prove to myself that I'm not the boss of me.  But it actually works out.  I have one serious (ish) post that I want to write, and then I have this blog-meme my friend Laura gave me one billion years ago with 30 days of prompts that I've wanted to do for said one billion years.  So this way I shall write my real(ish) post for yesterday as though it isn't actually part of the month, and then start with the goofy posts from there on out.  

So, without further ado, here is my non-prompted post of yesterday (just pretend like it's May 1st, ok?)

~~~

...

hm.

I wanted to write a post about gifts, and how I feel about them. Because I love them, and I feel like so many people have a really hard time with them. I had this big long post all written out and I kind of hated it. Then I was talking to Caleb about it and he said that he dislikes getting presents. When I asked him why he thought about it and then told me about a miniature ship his parents brought him back from a vacation, and the little wooden airplane stocking-stuffer he got one Christmas. He said those were his favorite gifts he's ever received. Gifts that were a physical representation of  people he loves and cares about thinking of him. I feel like this sums up everything I wanted to say. That is exactly why I love presents. They tell me that someone loves me and cares about me. They could be ridiculously over the top like a graduation iPad, or as small as a pint of chocolate milk for no reason at all. No matter the size or the cost, when they simply express someone's love they are literally the best.  And I guess that's all I have to say about that.

No comments:

Post a Comment