Pages

Saturday, January 7, 2017

A New 30 In 30 Challenge!

Oh hey there friends. It appears that I have not posted on my blog since July of last year. That is kind of terrible. On the other hand, I moved into a new apartment in August of last year, and that apartment didn't really get internet until a week or two ago. So there are reasons. I guess. (We're not going to talk about the fact that I wrote a grand total of 3 posts in 2016)

Anyway, here I am again. With a new blog template! Literally the first time I've updated the template since I created this blog in 2010 (7 YEARS AGO??!!).

*ahem*

Two of my work friends invited me to join them in a 30 day challenge in January. One is going to try to paint every day for 30 days. The other is going to bake every day. My goal was to write/post on my blog every day. As it is January 7th, you may safely assume that I got off to a very good start on this. But whatever, I'll just start now. No point fussing.

I did a 30 day blog posting challenge a couple of years ago, as some people might remember. I used a prompt list and by the end I had learned one thing: that prompt list was incredibly stupid. On day 10, in fact, the prompt was so stupid that instead I decided to write my own list. And I'm going to be honest, my beans should be about done cooking by now and I'm really hungry. I don't really want to sit here and try to think of a new list of 30 prompts when I have one ready made. Plus I went back and re-read it and I still like most of the prompts. So....yeah. Gonna just use the old one.

But I'm gonna add a twist. If anyone has anything they really want me to write about (real things, imaginary things, whatever...you know I am good at having opinions about things) they should comment somewhere I'll see it (here, fbook, g+) and I'll add it in to the mix. Maybe I'll replace a post I'm not feeling one day, or maybe I'll just keep on going. And if I myself think of something I'd rather write about, well then I'll write about it. Because I'm the boss of me.

Also, if anyone has any interest in knowing what is coming up, or if maybe you want to take part in my list of blogging prompts yourself and are too lazy to go find it (no judgement, plus I touched this one up) I am posting it below. It was in response to a list of "getting to know you" prompts, so it tends in that direction.



  1. Give us a quick snapshot of your life right at this moment
  2. Where did you grow up?  Share some memories...
  3. What were your top 3 favorite movies growing up?
  4. What is your favorite fairy tale and why?
  5. What is your favorite non-big-5 holiday (not Christmas, Thanksgiving, Halloween, New Year, or Easter) and why?
  6. Which literary world would you pick to live in instead of reality, and why?  Remember, you get alllll the parts of your chosen world, bad as well as good.
  7. What books are you most looking forward to sharing with your children and why?
  8. What superhero do you wish was your best friend and why?  Are there different versions of this hero? If so, which version of him or her are you choosing?
  9. What are the top five most shameful songs in your collection?
  10. What always makes you cry? Song/movie/story/commercial/etc
  11. If you were to suddenly develop a mental illness, which is most likely for your personality?
  12. If you had to have a mental illness, but you got to pick, which would you pick?
  13. What are your top 3-5 favorite jokes?
  14. What is your dream career (regardless of its actual existence)?
  15. What is one random, non-touristy place you want to visit? Why?
  16. What are your top 5 secretly favorite features/abilities/attributes about yourself?
  17. Is there anything you wish people knew about you?
  18. What is your weirdest food eccentricity?
  19. What are five fantasy items you'd love to have in your wardrobe if you had the money?
  20. What is your best story?
  21. Which Disney film is your favorite and why?
  22. What's the best meal you've ever eaten and why?
  23. What is one skill you wish you had the time/money/resources to learn?
  24. If you could instantly change one single thing about yourself what would it be? How do you feel about that?
  25. What are your top 5 biggest pet peeves?
  26. Is there anything you secretly love/want that you're afraid to admit because you don't think people will think it is "you"?  (does this even make sense?)
  27. Where are your top 3 dream cities to live in and why?
  28. You showed up to work with a black eye...how did you get it?  
  29. You have a time machine. Where is the first place you go?
  30. What are 5 songs you love to belt out in the car?

No comments:

Post a Comment